What is Cambridge B1 Business Preliminary?
Cambridge B1 Business Preliminary, also known as BEC Preliminary, is a Cambridge English exam that assesses the English language skills of individuals who use English for business purposes. The exam covers reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills, and tests the ability of candidates to use English effectively in a business context.
The exam has three levels: B1 Business Preliminary (BEC Preliminary), B2 Business Vantage (BEC Vantage), and C1 Business Higher (BEC Higher). B1 Business Preliminary is the entry-level exam, and is suitable for individuals who have a basic knowledge of English and are starting to use it in a business setting. B2 Business Vantage and C1 Business Higher are more advanced exams, and are suitable for individuals who have a higher level of English and are using it more extensively in their work.
The B1 Business Preliminary exam consists of three papers: Reading and Writing, Listening, and Speaking. Each paper assesses a different aspect of English language ability, and the exam as a whole tests the ability of candidates to use English effectively in a business context.
Cambridge B1 Business Preliminary is a valuable exam for individuals who want to demonstrate their English language skills for business purposes, and is widely recognized and respected by employers and other organizations.
Cambridge B1 Business Preliminary preparation course at ZENITH lingo
ZENITH lingo’s B1 Business Preliminary preparation course is designed to help learners prepare for the Cambridge English B1 Business Preliminary (BEC Preliminary) exam, which is an intermediate-level exam that assesses the language skills needed for practical, everyday use in business.
In this course, you will learn and practice the following skills:
- Reading comprehension: understanding and interpreting written business texts, such as emails, reports, and articles.
- Writing: producing business documents, such as letters, emails, and reports, using appropriate language and structure.
- Speaking: participating in business discussions, giving presentations, and negotiating in English.
- Listening: understanding spoken English in a business context, such as in meetings and phone calls.
You will also have the opportunity to develop your vocabulary and grammar related to business English, as well as practice taking the B1 Business Preliminary exam through mock exams and exam-style tasks.
To be well prepared for the test, you must book a minimum of 24 units (24 x 45 minutes) for this course. We can customize lessons based on class location, group size, learning intensity, class schedule, and course curriculum.
In what formats can I take the B1 Business Preliminary preparation course?
You can take the B1 Business Preliminary preparation course in all formats:
ZENITH lingo language classes take part in one of the following venues:
- online: For online classes ZENITH lingo uses Zoom platform
- on-site*: These are locations organized by customers.
- in-house*: These locations are organized by ZENITH lingo
*available only in Mainz, Germany
Class size classification defines number of participants per course.
- one-to-one: 1 participant only
- pair: 2 participants
- small group: 3-5 participants
- mid-size group: 6-10 participants
- big group: 11-15 participants
You can choose in what intensity you would like to take your preparation course.
- Weekly courses consist of 24 units (1.080 minutes) distributed to 12 lessons; 2 units (90 minutes) per lesson without a break. Each lesson is offered weekly. That means each booking lasts 12 weeks.
- Intensive courses consist of 24 units (1.080 minutes) distributed to 3 full-day lessons; 8 units (360 minutes) per day with four 15 minutes coffee breaks and one-hour lunch break per day.
- Semi-intensive courses consist of 25 units (1.125 minutes) distributed to 5 half-day lessons; 5 units (225 minutes) per day with one 15 minutes coffee break.
Interested or have questions? Just send us your request through the request form on this page. We will take care of the rest.
Do you prefer to use your e-mail? Then send an e-mail to the following address: info(at)zenith-lingo.com.
Where can I get more information on Cambridge B1 Business Preliminary?
Cambridge B1 Business Preliminary is owned by Cambridge Assessment English. For more information on the Cambridge B1 Business Preliminary exam, check the website of the assessment center.